Friday, July 22, 2011

Waiting for the Scots to arrive!!!

So I'm sitting here waiting with the kids at my Dad's...excited but kinda nervous. For the first time in my life I will be meeting my little cousin's Abby and Callum from Scotland. And this will be the first time that I've seen my Aunt Linda and Uncle Mark in I can't even tell you how long. Yes it's been that long.

My Dad's whole side of the family resides in Scotland and I will enjoy catching up with the family while here. I will miss my Auntie Caroline, Uncle John and my cousin Heather who is 19 and I've NEVER met....hoping to get a chance to meet her at some point in the near future!

In other news, I got to hear the hubby's voice the other night. I only got to talk to him for just over 15 minutes but it was the best 15 minutes of my life as of late! I've been having a wonderful time on vacay but it still doesn't feel complete without him here to enjoy it  with us. All I have to say is that some very exciting stuff has happened on the Seneca and that you should keep your eyes open in the news about it. Brent couldn't tell me much for OPSEC (Operational Security) Reasons but I can tell you that I am one proud wifey! He has accomplished so much this patrol, making MK1 (Machinary Technician Petty Officer 1st Class, yeah that's a mouthful so MK1 is much easier!) on July 1st, then he got Sailor of the Quarter, was given a MK1 coin by his MK1 above him, and being a pretty active part of the case that should hit the news in the next week. So needless to say, I am one proud wifey right now!

I'd also like to take a moment to ask that you send some thoughts and prayers to the country of Norway. They just had a bombing at a government building in downtown Oslo and a shooting at a children's day camp just outside of Oslo. All in one day. Such a sad turn of events :( My Mom's boyfriend lives about 20 minutes outside of Oslo and was on the phone with my Mom when the bombing occurred. So scary!

Well that's about all for now! Hope you all are having a wonderful day! Til next time, Adios Amigos y Amigas! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment