Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Look who jumped on the blogging bandwagon!!!!

So...I've finally done it, I've jumped on the blogging bandwagon.....so here's the intro.

Chances are, you already know us....and if not here's the 411 on the Hensevelt family!

My name is Katy, I was born and raised in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Back in 2004 I joined the Coast Guard for a change of scenery and to get out of the rut that I was stuck in. So in June 2004 I showed up at Station Ft. Myers Beach, Florida.  While stationed there I met my husband, Brent. I thought he was funny, sweet and WAY to nice for me. At least with my trackrecord....I'd dated a lot of bad boys and losers....

He asked me out....I said no....to which he said he would not stop asking until I said yes....a month and a half later....I caved! We had to keep our relationship underwraps and didn't see each other for the 4 months that we were together. I ended up opting to get out of the CG earlier than I'd anticipated...that's a story for another day. After I was discharged we got engaged and here we are 7 years later...July 25th will mark 7 years since we started dating and our daughter's 3rd birthday!

We have 2 wedding anniversaries...because we're cool like that....in all honestly it's because 1 1/2 months before our actual wedding we found out that we were expecting our first child. Talk about a shock, it was the last thing I was expecting to happen so early on in our relationship. We found out about Ayden December 20th and were married December 21st, 2005.  We then had our wedding February 4th, 2006.

We welcomed our first born, Ayden Thomas Hensevelt on August 10th, 2006 at 8:34 pm. It was a long wait for him...I was 2 days shy of being 42 weeks when I delivered him....15 minutes before I was due to be wheeled out and prepped for the OR. I had been in labor for 2 days and had finally resigned myself to being a C-Section and then BAM! All of the sudden he wanted to make a quick entrance to the world.

He is our incredibly handsome and brilliant young man. He is stubborn as can be but can be so sweet that it just melts your heart.  He is getting ready to start Kindergarten in the fall. I still cannot believe that my lil guy is going to be 5 in a few short weeks!

We welcomed our second and last child, Mariyah Rose Hensevelt on July 25th, 2008 at 2:33 a.m.. She was born 20 years to the date that my Grandpa Teubner had passed. She was also born on our 4 year anniversary of when we first started dating. Much like Ayden, I was in labor with her for over 2 days and had her the day before my due date. It was a scheduled induction as I'd been sick with Gallbladder disease and had moved to Pennsylvania so my mom and sister could help me with Ayden when I was sick.

Mariyah is our little diva....who knew with a name like Mariyah?! ;) She loves to sing, dance and is very competitive with her big brother. She is a force to be reckoned with. She's not afraid to get down and play in the dirt while wearing her flashiest bright pink skirt......I keep telling my husband how SCREWED we are when she becomes a teenager....lol....

As for Brent, well he's Machinery Technician 1st Class Petty Officer in the Coast Guard. He's currently stationed on the CGC Seneca out of Boston. He's accomplished so much in the 7 years that I've known him and he's been in for a total of 8 years! We are due to transfer next summer and won't know where we're going until around March next year, if we're lucky!

Oh and we cannot forget about our newest addition to the family....our pointer/lab mix, Ruger! We adopted him back in March and have been smitten with him ever since!

And as for the title to our blog....recently I've realized that our life is much like a Gypsy's...we pick up and move frequently and I kind of feel like one with how often our life changes.....well that's about all for now...I'm off to the Y to get some much needed excercise....hope you are having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment