Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Hair....

So today my Dad and Stepmom took the kids to lunch and shopping with them for their upcoming birthdays.

So what did I do you ask?

Went and got my hair done. For the first time in AGES!!!!

I've been feeling down and out about myself lately and this was just the type of pick me up that I needed. Normally I cringe and practically bite my nails the whole time I'm getting my hair done. (I've had some BAD BAD BAD experiences with getting my hair done) and was expecting to have my typical ::eh so so:: reaction that I normally had.  When it was time to look in the mirror I gasped! I was so happy with how my hair turned out! I've been beaming ever since....I haven't felt this good about myself in ages.....

It's amazing what a change in hairstyle and color can do to boost your ego! ;)

So all my fellow Mommy friends out there, I just want to say MAKE TIME for YOURSELF. I know how easy it is to get sucked into the "parent" role and forgetting to take care of yourself, trust me I know this all too well! But go for it anyways and set aside some time for yourself and go pamper yourself!  Even if it's a nice quiet lunch all by yourself at one of your favorite restaurants, make sure you do SOMETHING! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment